BEFORE HAIR TRANSPLANTATION
- You should notify your doctor if you use medications (including aspirin and vitamins) in 2 weeks prior to your operation.
- If you use alcohol, try to limit your consumption to 2 weeks prior to your operation to make the process more comfortable.
- On the day of operation, bring comfortable clothes (zippered or with buttons) to wear while being discharged from the clinic after the hair transplantation.
- Come to hospital without shaving your head, so that doctor can better see the bald areas.
- Any illnesses that has been migrated or earlier if you have an allergic reaction to a medication that occurs the experts must be informed of which is shown.
- You should inform your doctor about any previous illnesses or conditions & allergic reactions that you have.
AFTER HAIR TRANSPLANTATION
After the hair transplantation, the maintenance process is just as important as the operation. Therefore, details for post-operation maintenance are explained to patient after the surgery.
- The first 2-3 days after surgery is very important and you must be careful to avoid hitting your head in the first week.
- Body Shower for the first 3 days can be taken, but it should not be happened when water has touched to the head area. 3. the day after washing, it is recommended that a clinic be constructed in. In the first 3 days, you may take a shower by washing only your body but make sure water do not touch your head area. After 3 days, it is recommended that the washing of the head to be done in our clinic by the experts.
- On first 10 days, try to avoid tight collar clothes, instead wear zipped or buttoned clothes to be more comfortable.
- You should not consume alcohol until you finish using your prescribed pills after the operation.
- To keep facial swelling to minimum or even none, try to avoid standing or book reading positions.
- Swelling occurs, it is very normal and not be concerned. The swellings take place on the 3rd day and fades within following 3 days.
- After the operation, you should sleep in the supine position, but be careful on not to rub your head against pillow or sheets.
- After the operation, you will have a bandage on the neck. You can sleep comfortably on the bandage.
- Limiting your salt consumption also has positive impact on minimizing the swelling.