What is LASIK?
LASIK is an EXCIMER LASER procedure and this eye surgery is used to correct the following vision problems:
How does LASIK eye surgery work?
Anaesthetic eye drops are applied to the eye.
- The LASIK surgeon creates a protective flap to access the inner corneal tissue. During this part of the procedure, your vision dims and becomes blurry for about a minute. After the flap is created, you are able to see the flashing fixation light of the laser and the bright lights used for the procedure.
- Next, the inner layers of your cornea receive computer-controlled pulses of cool laser light. Although the laser light is invisible, the laser makes a clicking sound as it gently reshapes the inner corneal layer to improve and, in many cases, eliminate your prescription. During this part of the procedure, an eye-tracking device tracks your eye movements to ensure precise correction.
- Following the re-shaping of the tissue, the LASIK surgeon carefully repositions and aligns the flap to its original position. Protective shields are placed over your eye to prevent accidental rubbing as the flap heals naturally and securely over the next several hours.
After the LASIK eye surgery procedure, patients feel moderate discomfort and irritation for a few hours, but most are comfortable after a nap and rest.
Types of LASIK:
- Bladeless LASIK
Your eyes are too important to trust with just anyone. That is why bladeless LASIK is available in our hospital.
When performing bladeless LASIK, the LASIK surgeon uses a gentle laser to create the corneal flap. This technology allows the LASIK surgeon to better customize the corneal flap for each patient. As the name implies, no blades are used in this kind of laser eye surgery.
- Custom LASIK
LASIK is an excellent choice for many patients. Custom LASIK is a laser vision correction procedure that helps your LASIK surgeon further customize the correction to your individual eyes. LASIK surgeons are able to focus on the quantity as well as the quality of your vision. Custom LASIK may result in vision clearer and sharper than ever before.Custom LASIK uses Wavefront Technology to measure the way light travels through your eye. This technology performs a detailed analysis of your eye that examines the entire optical system. The instrument used provides information about the unique visual characteristics of your eye, allowing for an additional level of data about your vision. This, in turn, enables your surgeon to further customize your vision correction. The data is used to guide the laser during your Custom LASIK laser vision correction procedure for optimal results.Custom LASIK is necessary for some patients and desirable for many. Everyone’s eyes are different. A pre-procedure consultation with your doctor will help determine if Custom LASIK is right for you based on your particular prescription, healing profile and expectations.Compared to other forms of laser vision correction, Custom LASIK has been shown or is believed to provide patients with:
- A greater chance of achieving 20/20 vision
- The potential, in certain cases, for better vision than possible with contacts or glasses
- Less incidence of glare, halos and night vision disturbances
- Topography-Guided LASIK
This new technology has unique capabilities that provide surgeons a greater degree of individual personalization and only available in our hospital in Turkey. The procedure is redefining the term “quality of vision” with studies showing that many patients experienced better vision than they ever did with glasses or contact lenses.Topography-guided LASIK, technology provides surgeons much more detailed information on the structure of the cornea than prior generations of LASIK procedures. The data provided by the topographer measures the unique characteristics of each person’s eyes that cannot be measured with traditional technology. This data provides an individual profile for each eye that surgeons can use to perform personalized laser eye surgery procedures.It has also shown to improve vision equal to or better than glasses or contact lenses for most patients.
What Makes you Suitable for LASIK eye surgery?
- Stable vision for 1 year
- Over the age of 18
- Near-sighted, farsighted, or have astigmatism
- No current eye problems
- No health issues that may affect the eyes.
To book a free, no obligation consultation with us, please contact us email@example.com or +44(0)7546904493
All Inclusive VIP Package for LASIK (both eyes)
Operation + 3 nights Hilton stay for 2 + Private Car Transfers
- BOTH EYES £1750
- PRICE IS INCLUSIVE OF VAT.
- PRICE IS INCLUSIVE OF VIP PRIVATE CAR TRANSFERS BETWEEN AIRPORT-HOTEL-HOSPITAL IN ISTANBUL DURING YOUR STAY.
- PRICE IS INCLUSIVE OF ANAESTHESIA, MEDICATIONS AND ALL OTHER OPERATION RELATED COSTS.
- 5 STAR HILTON HOTEL STAY IS IN THE EUROPEAN PART OF THE ISTANBUL (CLOSE TO YOUR HOSPITAL) FOR 2 PEOPLE AND BREAKFASTS ARE INCLUDED IN PRICE.